Al Gore is using his considerable media muscle to express his frustration that people and governments the world over – but especially here in the United States – have increasingly rejected the notion humans are destroying the planet. He’s broadcasting on his cable channel, Current TV, and online something he calls “24 Hours of Reality,” beginning at 7 p.m. CDT, Wednesday, September 14.
Gore will show a new multimedia presentation attempting to “connect the dots between recent weather events” and man-caused global warming. He has promised that 95 percent of the slides are new and different from those he showed in his Oscar-winning film, An Inconvenient Truth – which is a good thing, considering that film has since been exposed as fraudulent in many respects.
But the truth is, Gore can’t handle the reality
that thousands of reputable scientists across the globe have rejected his dogmatic view of climate catastrophe. Those scientists have done the kind of hard scientific work that The Heartland Institute
has presented in six conferences
, dozens of papers and books, podcasts, videos, and in Environment & Climate News
Gore is not interested in having a full scientific discussion, but that doesn’t mean you have to see only one side. There will be 23 more hours to kill after you’ve seen Gore’s latest slide show. Fill it by checking out The Heartland Institute’s counter-programing that brings balance to Gore’s propaganda.
- See videos from all six of The Heartland Institute’s international conferences on climate change (ICCCs) featuring the presentations of leading climate scientists, including: S. Fred Singer, Richard Lindzen, Willie Soon, Roy Spencer, Scott Denning, Steve Goreham, Kesten Green, Craig Idso, Robert Carter, Patrick Michaels, Nicola Scafetta, David Schnare, Ian Plimer, Ross McKitrick, William Kininmonth, and scores more.
- At the right — among other offerings — you will see Heartland’s newest collection of climate research, Climate Change Reconsidered: 2011 Interim Report. Published August 29, it presents more than 400 pages of new research on climate change that appeared since the last IPCC report — much of it contradicting the IPCC’s and Al Gore’s claims.
- Watch Scare, a two-minute video that outlines how people like Gore are trying to frighten the public into unwise and unnecessary policy decisions – and how the green energy cabal is lining its pockets.
- Watch Unstoppable Solar Cycles, a series of videos that shows how the sun – not man – is likely the main driver of change in the Earth’s climate.
- Read The Seven Theories of Climate Change, which explains how Gore and his followers are ignoring at least six other credible and scientifically sound theories on what is happening to the Earth.
- Watch a non-alarmist lecture by Dr. Joseph Fletcher, Ph.D., the late NOAA assistant administrator for ocean and atmospheric research.
To discuss these materials, or to contact many of the climate scientists featured at Heartland’s conferences, contact Communications Director Jim Lakely at firstname.lastname@example.org